Sunday, November 29, 2009

"Welcome to the Hellmouth" and "The Harvest" (1.1 & 1.2)

In rewatching Buffy this time around, I've decided to keep a record of my thoughts and musings. Why? Because it's fun!

-Eric Balfour gets the "and" in the credits. Way to go, Balfour!

-It's weird going back to watch early Julie Benz. She got much better once Angel rolled around, and she's amazing in Dexter, but Darla in the old days was a wee bit painful.

-SMG was very much the right choice for Buffy. Even in the first episodes, you can see how much being the slayer weighs on her. Maybe I'm just reading the weight any young, fairly unknown actress would feel carrying a new show, but whether it was a conscious or unconscious choice on her part, it totally works.

-Urgh. Now I'm having these weird flashforwards every time someone walks on screen. They all look so young and wide eyed. If they only knew what was in store...

-OMG. Boreanaz is so skinny! He always seemed sort of gangly to me in these earlier seasons. I prefer the muscly Angel. Rowr.

-Grr. I hate the way the episodes are layed out in the menus on the season one discs. I'm always second-guessing which episode comes next.

-Harmony! Wearing pink already. Good girl.

-Why is the bouncer taking money? Didn't Cordy say it was no cover night?

-Luke (aka The Vessel) is such a moron. I can't believe he made it so long without being staked. I mean, you're centuries old and you get caught in a "made you look"?! Dumbass.

-Hee. Xander is the first one to call it the Hellmouth. Never noticed that before.

Okay. That's it for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment