Monday, December 14, 2009

"Prophecy Girl" (1.12)

Sorry it's taken me so long to finish this season. I've been gorging on British TV lately, and my Buffy watching has suffered because of it. I hang my head in shame.

-Poor Willow. I can't believe Xander's still carrying that torch for Buffy. Doesn't he know know he's never going to get past first base and even that is... I've said too much.

-Quick technical question: I know when you're inside during an earthquake that you should get into a doorway, and I know being outside is all well and good, but what about being inside a car? Is that like being outside? Should you stay put? Living in Illinois and all, I guess I've just never thought about it before.

-Only a 5.1? Master, you should be ashamed. I know a certain vamp who, with the help of a necklace, is going to turn Sunnydale into the next Grand Canyon. Pshaw your pathetic 5.1.

-Xander, sweetie, Stevie Wonder could have foreseen this "let's just be friends" brush-off. Moveon.org already.

-You crazy kids don't even know how close to the vest Willow's playing things, romance-wise.

-Calendar's back. And she's been keeping track of what Giles has been wearing. Jenny and Rupert, sitting in a tree...

-Look at everyone running around, all freaked out about their first apocalypse. It really is a special occasion. Hallmark should sell a card or something.

-You better watch out, Cordy. Scooby is catching.

-Good for you, Willow. Someone needed to call Xander out on his continued casual dismissal of your blatant crush.

-If Xander thinks country music is the music of pain, then he's obviously never listened to experimental jazz.

-Buffy must have her own key to the school. I'm thinking someone would notice if there were broken locks every single morning.

-It's do or die, Buffy. No worries.

-The new Slayer's name is going to be Kendra and she's gonna have this janky accent and... You know, this is probably a bad time. I'll come back later.

-I always thought "Innocence" was when everything changed in this show, but I'm beginning to realize that the plates started to shift before that. There's nothing like a sixteen-year-old facing her own mortality to really serious up a funny little 'Monster of the Week' show. And she doesn't even have her mother to lean on. That's some pretty heavy lifting.

-Dude. How are you ladies missing the giant bloody hand print on the TV screen in the... cartoon watching lounge? Seriously, what the hell is that place?

-There's Buffy looking all pretty in her virginal white gown (an image Joss must have been so enamored with that it made it from the movie to the TV show). Well, it is a special night, Buffy's first time and all. First time dying, that is.

-See? Shit just got real for Willow, too.

-Arguing over who's going to face the Master: Buffy, 1; Giles, TKO.

-I just realized that the Annoying One is still wearing the same clothes that he died/was turned in. Even he doesn't deserve that. Now, I know the Master can't leave his hole, and I'm sure there aren't any Gap Kids in the sewer, but isn't that what minions are for?

-Note the Locutus reference. This is the first (that I've noticed), but it shall not be the last TNG allusion. Hee!

-Sunnydale has the driest sewer system ever.

-Nice Press-Ons, Master. Did you file them to points yourself? At least now we know how he keeps himself entertained.

-What's with the biting of the shoulder thing? I'm no anatomy expert, but I'm pretty sure there aren't any major veins there. *researchification* Hm. It would appear that the shoulder is sort of where the subclavian vein is located, but I think he would have had to bite through her clavicle to get to it; therefore, I am throwing the bullshit flag. You may now return to your irregularly scheduled recap.

-Good thing the Zeppo paid attention in first aid.

-Seymour + Tremors ÷ Aliens = Hellmouth creature

-Is it just me or did dying give Buffy more cleavage?

-Do you think they budget for the yearly damage to Sunnydale High, or do you think the superintendent has to push for new referendums every November?

-They're seriously unconcerned about people asking questions about the ancient skeleton in the library. I guess they have a point. Who's going to make a fuss? The Sunnydale police? HAHAHAHAHAHA!

What with all the festivities fast approaching, I probably won't be updating this again until next year. Happy holidays! I'll see you on the flip side.

No comments:

Post a Comment